Five Hours 6-19-24

 6-19-24 POBR


Blowing away mosquitoes while I warm up from a cold shower. Today I sat and sat until my sciatic nerve pinched, the most downtime we’ve had all 4 days. It was a five-hour curve shot from Bird Creek and now we are stationed in Crane Prairie. I remember nothing - waking up, I remember waking up. The trees shifting from dense full-grown trees to even denser young trees accompanied by their chaperones. I realized that once again I had no clue where I was, and yet I was ecstatic enough to start up conversation. As fun as it is for me to talk decolonization, my most memorable moment from today was walking with Sandy to a dock and feasting our eyes on The Three Sisters: the guardians of the forest. Our stomachs full, we rushed our chores and ran to the campground shower. The maintenance man saw us rushing in, and turned around in compliance of our tardiness. 



From The Drive Down

(Graphite drawing of a road with trees surrounding it)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beaver People 6-17-24

Intuitive Geology 6-23-24

Pumice Moonwort 6-21-24