Thin Air 6-28-24

 6-28-24 POBR


My eyes gasping for the sunrise, I overheard a conversation between a guttural wisdom preacher and the broken smoke detector. An owl and brush bird competing for the sun’s praise. Today’s coffee started late, and in contradiction to yesterday’s position to coffee, I was begging for time to speed past. My ukulele will spend time with my full stomach and soaked hands. After a speedy recording of a new song, 10 o'clock marked our poster-making time. We dredged through our methodologies until Warren Seyler came and began to meander our conversation toward a sharing circle. Surrounded by humans, the air was thin and pristine, propagated by Warren’s calming energy and soft-spoken words. I felt confident enough to speak up and to share my heart with the circle. It was amazing to hear everyone’s heart and to grow a new appreciation for everyone on the trip, Sandy would have loved it. Warren believed in us, his eyes spoke wisdom that surfed upon his words, and the floor was where the wave crashed, ready to be soaked up by our spongey hearts. He departed by handshake and we continued our moonlit murky sludge through the invisibility of our posters. Our computer screens were bright, but Corbin and Jessica’s guidance was brighter, leading us through our posters and our Excel spreadsheets. To finish our dramatic journey, we were able to run Presumptive Diagnosis to determine what bacteria were in the creeks and lakes we took samples from. I didn’t even want to touch my face looking at the Excel spreadsheet. Comida de asada fries. Very very good my friend. Cleaned up and finished our post-trip questionnaires. Now, I see my name in my eyelids, scored by the sunset, branded by the light. In all vulnerability, I am entirely unsure about how my next chapter will unfold, but I can only see resilience and stability standing strong in the doorway, waiting for me to simply slip into the skin I’ve been destined for. 




Stinky Caca Poopoo


(Graphite drawing of urinal with smily face drawing above it from the Wellpinit Pavillion bathroom)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beaver People 6-17-24

Intuitive Geology 6-23-24

Pumice Moonwort 6-21-24