Beaver People 6-17-24

 6-17-24 POBR


Today reminds me of the hill I climb when I’m on my way to Cowiche so I can “give myself a challenge.” It's always a precursor to the severity of the journey ahead. The feeling of pure exhaustion, only to realize that the hill is a terrace. The fire kept their hands warm but I was warmed just by the idea that the fire hadn’t stopped. A kiss to the river and off on the road to another unknown location. It's not like that information wasn't fed to me over and over, I just simply love the idea of not knowing where I am and having trust that the path is guided. After we met our gracious hosts, they taught us how to build beaver dams. Jeanette Burkhardt and Gerard Foley were our lead beavers choppin' and chewin' through the day like it was a soft cottonwood. Nothing was soft about the trees we had to haul though. Come to find out, the logs were extra dense and extra thin. The rocks real scarce and the foliage a pain, were tough to pack in the dams to divert the water. But after we built 4 beaver dam analogs, I unleashed the flood of a warm shower to release tomorrow’s sore muscles. I think tomorrow will be the walk on the side of the terrace, the one you take because of your gratitude towards your efforts below. 

"5 Heads"


(Graphite drawing of the perspective from the back of the 8-seated suburban.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intuitive Geology 6-23-24

Pumice Moonwort 6-21-24