Elemental Rivers 6-20-24

6-20-24 POBR

Just when I thought the day couldn’t exceed expectations, a pianist by the name of Hunter Noack lit the fireworks of a hard day's work. Hours before our silent-disco-esc piano rave, we started our day with a journey to the lava river of Bend, Oregon. We walked for a round trip of 2.2 miles with our tour guide Sophia Zoll through the stagnancy of a lava tunnel’s cold air. I was handsomely rewarded with a sticker page for finding the elusive white-blinded cave centipede. Our Forest Service Coordinator Cynthia Anderson pained our calves further and took us to the top of a volcanic butte. I had to call my family to show them the majestic site of the entirety of Oregon. I felt like the thread from my eyeballs flew so far over The Three Sisters, they began to unravel. With my newfound familiarity of the lay of the land, I was still so unbelievably unfamiliar with my position on any map. When lost, follow the river. Deschutes River was a menacing force of nature, the measly ventricle of the Earth that could tear any living thing to parts in seconds. While crossing along her trail, a blue jay followed my bard magic while I played my kalimba, they made me feel special.  


Through The Cave And Under The Bridge

(Graphite drawing of 2 people shining a light through the mouth of a Lava Cave)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beaver People 6-17-24

Intuitive Geology 6-23-24

Pumice Moonwort 6-21-24