Bigfoot Exi- 6-22-24

 6-22-24 POBR


Corrale mijo! Levantate we gotta go! Hopped up groggy as ever, chose the normal path of destruction as we broke down camp and smashed everything back in our chariot. Luckily for us, the library was our first stop of a beautifully laid out day. I was surrounded by books with headphones in ear makin’ me bob my head to funky bass-line beats with kicks and snares loud enough to be shushed. We hopped back in the car and travelled back in time to the High Desert Museum. The Bigfoot Exhi- The People of the Plateau Exhibit was beautifully orchestrated with up to date terminology and treatment towards Indigenous peoples of our modern day and from the past. The language was rejuvenating and the outside exhibits were gorgeous. I remember waking up today and thinking, “I’m so happy I’m awake right now,” it was 6 am. As I sit here postponing my rest, I cant help but to think about my surrounding environment. Has it always looked like this? Are these little hills experiencing old age male-patterned-baldness? Or without humor, are they experiencing a slow and painful death, the death of a forest, while a river runs through its shallow troughs. Are the animals healthy? Was that lizard I almost caught on a full stomach? I do know the bats above me are well fed, and I think that has now satisfied the 22nd for me. 



Mean Gleam


(Graphite drawing of barn owl)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beaver People 6-17-24

Intuitive Geology 6-23-24

Pumice Moonwort 6-21-24