Air Hole 6-18-24

 6-18-24 POBR


Today our professors took us to become scientists of the creek. We headed out pretty early to charge up, publish these blogs, and stack up on snacks. We rolled up to the first creek by foot of the ranger, a 6 seater side by side. All of the students piled in and Dr. Schuster led the unknown path for the day. At the first creek Snowplow Lake Creek, I was restless and got up to draw a scene, wishing I felt comfortable enough to walk around with my toes on the recently burned forest floor. Wishing I had brought a water filter, we took our water samples and dipped into our next creek. If the last was the fire of the forest, the next was the air. “This is it!” “What that hole?” At Bird Creek, Dr. Schuster showed us a volcanic vent that shot out cold air, my mind was blown. To end off the day, we scienced our science and cracked open a cold water sample to test for bacteria. 


Lost my lead

(Charcoal tree print. Used charcoal from burned forest to scrape against a tree and get the print from the grain)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beaver People 6-17-24

Intuitive Geology 6-23-24

Pumice Moonwort 6-21-24