6th Passenger 6-26-24

 6-26-24 POBR


A deer clopped past our breakfast in honor of Sandy’s departure. Today Sandy, our tallest member, had to leave with the shortest amount of time spent on our trip. He was hilarious and brought cheer any second he could. The night before, we spent time talking about our favorite moments, and he told us how important it was to just be happy and bring those laughing moments that all of our favorite moments included. We dropped him off at the airport with a man hug to send him off. When we stopped to eat lunch, I kept waiting for our 6th passenger to come out of the car. When we got to the campsite in Wellpinit, we waited and waited for the Fox Trailer to show up with our tents. In the meantime, we went into the Spokane Reservation Pavillion to go check out whats happening at their “Culture Event.” Turns out they have it chalked filled with cultural arts and crafts for kids, we were very excited to get ourselves a second so we could join. But the Fox showed up and we had to set up camp. We had tacos during the night and I used my Mexican skills to cook up tortillas with no pan and no tongs 😎. We got to set up our gram stains so we could see our bacterial specimens from our agar plates. I am always surprised to see how those bacteria that could probably kill me are so gorgeous in their shapes, density, and patterns. I think this was my favorite moment of the trip. To be able to see my hard work flattened out under a microscope, to be able to look up and see a beautiful forest filled with life and joy. I don't know if I’ll ever experience that again. Biology is not my forte, but it is now a passion, to observe the smallest piece of our ecological puzzle while adoring the largest ones surrounding me. 




Wasp In My Tent


(Graphite drawing of a wasp in my tent the moment I woke up)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beaver People 6-17-24

Intuitive Geology 6-23-24

Pumice Moonwort 6-21-24